Work with Us
At Amaka we are passionate about helping our culturally diverse community to look and feel their best. Whether it is through hair and makeup services, or specially curated products.
Amaka is the place for you if you love interacting with different cultures and challenging yourself.
We are always on the look out for talented and motivated people who show commitment.
If you are interested in joining the Amaka team please keep an eye on this page where our vacancies are listed.
- Previous retail and/or sales experience
- The ability to work well independently and in a team
- A love of working with people from different cultures
- A passion for retail, and commitment towards growing our brand
- Exceptional customer service and a proven ability to achieve sales
- Motivation towards achieving individual and store sales targets and goals
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Flexibility to work weekends and during busy periods, including school holidays
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Experience in hair braiding, corn braids, locs and sew-in weaves is preferred, but not required.